Occupational Therapists (OTs) are an essential part of an interdisciplinary home healthcare team that helps patients resume their daily activities and better their overall health and well-being. Superior Home Health’s Occupational Therapists help patients address a wide variety of conditions by applying a comprehensive range of therapeutic services.
Superior Home Health Occupational Therapy Program encompasses a comprehensive approach. It’s intention is to help an individual improve their physical and psycho-social abilities. Life-threatening illnesses and injuries can render a person immobile, but that does not mean the effects have to be permanent.
Occupational Therapy helps treat small motor functions. For instance, rehabilitative techniques of exercise and certain devices are used to increase the patient’s ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities. Also, to increase upper extremity function.
Occupational Therapy Home Care Program Goals
- Maximizing the patient’s functional independence at their home
- Increasing the patient’s and caregiver’s knowledge of proper therapeutic techniques
- Ensuring that the patient and family adhere to the prescribed treatment program
Superior Home Health Fall Prevention Program
The Superior Home Health’s Fall Prevention program reduces the amount of patient falls and subsequent hospital readmission for injury.
Consequently, patient/caregiver education about home safety and environmental modification accomplishes this. Also, medication management/assessment and therapy for balance and strengthening.
Our Fall Prevention program features:
- Patients are screened for their risk of falling using specific evidence-based tools
- Home assessment for environmental modifications and equipment
- Medication assessment and monitoring
- Interventions based on screening findings
- General education and home safety instruction
- Referral to physical/occupational therapist for more evaluation and specific intervention
- Referral to community resources for home modifications when needed
- Broad collaboration (nurse, physical therapist, occupational therapist, social worker) for enhanced patient outcomes
Certainly, talk to your doctor about in-home occupational therapy, and see if it’s right for you. If so – Request a referral to Superior Home Health… You won’t regret it!